In general, the main documents for Idaho estate plan include:
- Will: The legal document stating your wishes for your family and assets after your death.
- Durable power of attorney for finances: Allows someone else to make decisions for you if you become incapacitated and unable to make those decisions for yourself.
- Living will: States your wishes for end-of-life health care.
- Power of attorney for health care: Similar to a living will, the power of attorney for health care lets you appoint someone (an agent) who can make healthcare decisions for you in the case that you cannot make them yourself.
- Trust: Allows you to control your affairs until your death.